[CQ-Contest] plaque help

Larry pacer99 at aol.com
Sun Jul 24 17:52:36 EDT 2016

While it's true that some operate the CQ WW for fun knowing they never will have a chance to win I believe that most contestants are trying for the coveted plaque. Long time contestants from the west coast USA had a chance some years ago due to the large activity from Japan. For various reasons the activity from JA has diminished and so went our chances to level the playing field.

With this in mind I propose that contesters sponsor plaques for each of the Japan areas. They cost only $55 ( last checked). Come on guys, have your club or lunch group pitch in! Maybe some Japan clubs will do the same.

I am most willing to sponsor one. If you are at all interested please email me off the reflector and I will try and coordinate the efforts. Let's promote activity from Japan, recognise their efforts and bring their numbers back.

Thanks,
Larry
N7DD