[CQ-Contest] CQWW madness

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 11:09:25 EDT 2016

I was not aware of the Volta RTTY’s scoring grid, but they are on the right track.

http://www.contestvolta.it/point%20table.htm

The particular values are greatly exaggerated, but they do avoid the weird discontinuities such as that between zone 8 vs. zone 9. Polar paths don’t seem to be reflected; zone 4 has the same points to Z18 and Z 35, although the 4-35 path is much easier.

Things could be refined even further by having different values for different bands. A QSO to VK is far easier on 20 or 10 (when there are sunspots) than on 80.

Use of such scoring won’t make W6 a primo DX contest location, but it would give some comfort to those is far away places like HS and VK.

73  -  Jim  K8MR