[CQ-Contest] Yaesu FT-1000 CAT to USB

John E Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Fri Jun 3 14:41:16 EDT 2016

On Jun 3, 2016, at 11:23, FritzOAQ <fritz at k4oaq.com> wrote:

> I'm wanting to get rid of my boat anchor of a computer running Windows 98 &
> N1MM+.
>
> So, what's the best/cheapest solution of getting the RS-232 plug from my
> Yaesu FIF-232C box into a USB on the new computer?
>
> I see a USB to RS-232 adapter (USB-RS232) at
> http://www.hosenose.com/store/productDetail.aspx?ProdID=5658
> <http://www.hosenose.com/store/productDetail.aspx?ProdID=5658&PrimaryCatID=4
> 6&> &PrimaryCatID=46& for $22 which looks like it shud do the job.
>
> Any suggestions, ideas, comments?

I’ve been using a Keyspan USA-19HS for years in my station. It does a great job, has been totally reliable with absolutely no problems.

It’s now a TrippLite product, available now from Amazon for $23.95

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-High-Speed-supports/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464979107&sr=8-1&keywords=usa-19hs

Hope this helps.

John K8AJS
jbastin at sssnet.com