[CQ-Contest] SSB Voice Keying

Dave Pascoe davekm3t at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:11:17 EST 2016

Very interesting, Rudy. I would love to see your work see the light of day
just to see how much better it makes the experience.

Every automated text-to-voice transmission I have ever heard has sounded
kinda   s l o w  and I usually roll my eyes mentally every time I hear one.
 :-)

I totally get the convenience this feature brings to the casual op but if
you're a serious competitor and using something like this, you're probably
losing.

I've always considered one's voice a competitive advantage (or
disadvantage, in some cases) - with these text-to-speech solutions all
emotion and ability to customize responses is lost. Of course, one can
always just key up and override it.

73,
Dave KM3T