[CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 17 14:21:01 EDT 2016

On Tue,5/17/2016 8:43 AM, steve.root at culligan4water.com wrote:
> Then we are told it's not a big deal, since most of us are mere "participants" and not real competitors. I find this insulting.

If you don't operate from a station immediately adjacent to the Atlantic
basin or in the Caribbean, you're a mere participant, not a real
competitor. It's the limitation of the primitive scoring rules that date
back to the early days of ham radio, when we had to keep score with a
pencil and paper.

THIS is what you should be insulted about.

73, Jim K9YC