[CQ-Contest] All the Assisted ops, where do they all come from?

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Sun May 22 02:51:40 EDT 2016

Let's get real guys,

The single op unassisted category says that no external means (internet, RF
or whatever) can be used to assist in making a QSO. Just because someone
else spots you has nothing to do with you being assisted.

Consider if a lonely Samoan native ham, running a simple rig into a small
dipole wants to make some contacts in a DX contest. Since he is rare DX,
and even if he didn't call CQ, he would get spotted in a flash. Would you
really then consider him assisted? .

The thought that since he made some QSOs by others calling him, since he
was spotted, is a long stretch saying that he is now in the assisted
category...

My 2 cents.

Ray,
N6VR