[CQ-Contest] All the Assisted ops, where do they all come from?

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Mon May 23 10:54:24 EDT 2016

I am having trouble figuring out which suggestions are serious and which
are "tongue in cheek" on this thread.

Clearly proposals to put guys not using the internet but who happen to be
spotted by others into the "assisted" category can't be serious.   On the
other hand, restricting guys who enjoy using assistance to only S&P  operation
seem equally absurd.

Although not perfect, I feel the current separation into assisted and
unassisted seems to work.  I applaud the ARRL for renaming  the single operator
categories that INCLUDE assistance to unlimited.

Personally, I enjoy both categories. For contests in which I am making a
serious effort like ARRL SS, IARU, and RTTY RU, I prefer to operate and
compete  in the unassisted category.  For most DX Contests in which I am normally
 just participating (at least when operating as a single operator  from my
average station), I prefer to use assistance.  I hope there will continue
to be two categories in most contests.

73,

AL, K0AD

In a message dated 5/23/2016 9:23:50 A.M. Central Daylight Time,