[CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

Christian Schneider prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Tue May 24 14:34:01 EDT 2016

> According to you, we cannot eliminate one way of cheating because
> there are others...
> Does that make sense to you??

Well, you try to escape the answer knowing that power cheating of course
has a much much bigger impact, runnning 100W in qrp or running well
above legal limit in HP; not two mention 2 ops in SO etc etc.
But all efforts to weasel out of the crucial issue fail: Without on-site
inspections we will not come near to "real sports" - and even real
sports with their much better checks cannot escape their cheating ghosts
with tech manipulations and more or less untraceable medical doping.

That is NOT to say that we should give up fighting against cheating and
to do what we can to trace cheaters as sheer deterrent against as many
cheaters and wannabe cheaters as possible. But we should not give in to
cheaters and let fear reign and subsequently ruin parts of our
competitions that are valuable to many of us. At the end it should be up
to every organizer how much he can invest. As sad as it may sound to
tech people: We will have no scientificly bulletproof scores but have to
apply our own trust or experience on any scores. Of course tough for
those investing big amounts of time and money.

73 Chris DL8MBS