[CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

Martin , LU5DX lu5dx at lucg.com.ar
Tue May 24 18:06:27 EDT 2016

Actually not.

I'm not trying to escape the answer.
Power cheating if of a total different nature and it is a matter of
infrastructure to prove that someone is cheating.
In the case of unclaimed assistance it is not.

Certainly there is a radical solution, that will actually eliminate the
possibility of unclaimed assistance, will almost turn CW skimmers useless
and will reduce the impact of power abuse.

The magical QSO/QSY rule!

What more challenging than having to move after each QSO?  The "Just a boy
and his radio" paradigm would fully benefit from this.

You see I'm not against ye olde fashioned way of making Qs, don't you?

One more benefit of the QSO/QSY rule is that it democratizes the bands
spectrum. No more: PSE QSY! The frequency is mine, I've just left the chair
to take a bio break!!! No more fighting against HG1S in my case when I'm
working JAs on 20 meters at 12 UTC because he can't hear me and starts
calling on MY frequency :-)

And if you want even more out of QSO/QSY: it trully helps develop great
operating skills.

73,

Martin LU5DX