[CQ-Contest] It's not the sunspots folks

Bob Kupps n6bk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 13:27:05 EDT 2016

Right on Mark. The "2 point North American Exception" is an unsportsmanlike disgrace...

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:15, Mark<markzl3ab at gmail.com> wrote:   "W0MU asked:  "Why does the USA always get "punished"?" in the CQ WW
Contest.

Answer: Because it's a DX contest!  A better question is, why are we all
forced to work a station in our country just to get country credit for our
own country?  Wouldn't it be way more efficient to just get automatic credit
for our country and zone?"

On the basis it's a DX contest an even better question would be:

Why do VE to W qsos get 2 points when ZL to KH6 qsos (for example) get 1
point yet the ZL signal has to travel up to 6 or 7 times the distance?

Just saying...

73
Mark ZL3AB