[CQ-Contest] When it's over, it's over (again)

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri Nov 11 09:25:51 EST 2016

The rush?  Looked in the mirror lately :)  We are a bunch of old
farts....  Seriously there is no real rush.

The allure of online gaming is that results are instant.  You don't play
a shoot em up match and then wait to see who won a month or a year later.

Realtime scoring, judging etc might...or might not be the ticket to lure
more of the younger generations to contesting and the hobby.

We are working contests with the same archaic rules and systems for lots
and lots of years.  People give me pretty strange looks when I say yeah
I talked to people all over the world in a contest and I will know the
results a year from now.  What other sporting event does that happen?
None.  We even expect tot know the results of our elections hours after
the polling places close.

People don't like change.  This may never fly but if we never try we
will never know.

W0MU