[CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

Drew Vonada-Smith drew at whisperingwoods.org
Thu Oct 13 11:32:17 EDT 2016

Speaking of reclassification to high power...  My understanding is that the power limit is 400W in Cyprus.  Care to have a look at these videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wByiGZEyT7E

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDzWSBU_g8A

There are more like these for those caring to check around.  At about the one minute mark in the first, you can see an old style ACOM 200 control head.  Those red LEDs are a power bar, and red starts above 1500W.  So this is P33W running 1500W+ in RDXC.

This is not the guy now accused of high power.  If I understand correctly, this is the station owned buy the guy who has been writing to Bob about his reclassification.

Perhaps this is some sort of special contest authorization for high power.  And perhaps not.  I'd sure like to see the documentation for it, if so.  Glass houses?

73,

Drew K3PA