[CQ-Contest] Very basic question on 80M for upcoming CQWW SSB

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Wed Oct 19 00:56:02 EDT 2016

I was licensed in 1953,easily  have DXCC on each band above 80M, but have never made a DX QSO on 75M SSB.  So want to play in the upcoming contest.  Looks like a dipole will get me about 80 KHz of usable SWR without running out to the antenna to retune in the middle of the night.  So where do I want to be to be able to work EU, VK, JA, etc, simplex and not be in the big boy's domain?  My station is typically better than the operator!  Sorry for the newbie question.  Thanks,  N0UU