[CQ-Contest] Contest preferred segments in WAE

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Sat Sep 10 08:56:49 EDT 2016

Agree with Jim here.  The word "should" (to me) is a permissive word
which means that you are in a position to follow the rule, but if
situations and circumstances warrant, you may depart from the rule.

In my field of work - legal and international trade - the word "shall"
is an absolute word which defines - clearly - what you can and cannot do.

Seeing the phrase "should be avoided" means that the rules prefer that I
not go somwhere, but does not expressly forbid it.

73 Rich NN3W