[CQ-Contest] "D1WW"

Gerry Treas K8GT k8gt at mi.rr.com
Tue Sep 13 14:48:14 EDT 2016

Actually it is known as Transnistria or Transdniester and it is located
on the Eastern edge of Moldova between the Dniester River and the border
between Moldova and Western Ukraine.  It actually predates the
activities in Eastern Ukraine.

How have we as hams or contest sponsors handled similar situations in
the past?

73, Gerry, K8GT

On 13-Sep-16 09:13, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
> Recently I received a complaint from Konstantin, whose "call" is D1WW,
> saying that the RBN did not recognize his call. It turns out there is
> a reason - he is in the part of eastern Ukraine that has been
> illegally seized by the Russians, and the D1 prefix is not recognized
> by the ITU.
>
> I assume that he will turn up on the bands and maybe in contests this
> fall, so I thought it was worth letting people know in advance. He
> sent me a copy of his "license" if anyone wants to see it.

---