[CQ-Contest] Log what was sent

kzerohb at gmail.com kzerohb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:49:01 EDT 2016

On another online venue a fellow held the opinion that when someone sends an inaccurate element of the contest exchange (ie., the wrong Zone for his location in CQWW), that a contest operator should record the correct Zone, NOT the Zone that was sent to him.

I certainly would query the sender.  For example, if a station in Iowa sent Zone “7” in CQWW (his IARU zone) instead of Zone “4” (his CQ Zone), but if he confirmed Zone 7, then I feel that I am obligated to log what he sent.

After all, isn’t contesting all about our skill at accurately copying and precisely logging  what was sent to us?

If that isn’t true, then why not just exchange callsigns and let our computers fill in the blanks?

“What year was I licensed in?  Damn, I forgot again.  I’ll make up a number and you never mind what I sent, just let N1MM  fill in the blank.”

73, de Hans, KØHB
"Just a boy and his radio"™