[CQ-Contest] Log what was sent

Joe nss at mwt.net
Tue Sep 27 10:00:21 EDT 2016

This DOES get me to wondering,
How do contest sponsors handle this?
Something Blatant obvious wrong as the CQ vs ITU zone number thing,,
If I log what is sent 07, even tho it is clearly wrong, do I get the QSO?
Or if I log  what he is, not what he sent, do I get the QSO.

Now one step further, in the IARU HF July contest. I wonder how many get
busted when working me.

Most logging programs me being a WB9 station automatically place me in
Zone, 8.
But I am one of the few 9 Landers west of the 90  deg line placing me in 07.

So I send 07 because it IS where I am.  Now, if someone logs me as 08,
do the contest sponsors ding them as not a good contact? Since most
programs think I should be in 08.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock