[CQ-Contest] Log what was sent

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Sep 28 07:26:38 EDT 2016

Thanks Ed for the official WW RTTY committee input. If my aforementioned
station gave out the wrong zone to everyone and CQWW noticed this, I am
sure that my QSO would count by logging what was sent.  However, what
happens if I was is first contact and the next guy that he worked explained
he was sending the wrong zone and then the station sent zone 3 for all
subsequent QSOs. Not only do I loose the contact, I get hit with the big
CQWW penalty. It is also possible that he just made a sending error during
my contact. I have had a well known contester on this list accidentally
send me the wrong precedence in sweepstakes when he operated at different
power level than in previous years. Luckily I noticed him giving a
different report to others. Finally, lets say that I did log a zone 3
station as zone 4, since that was what he sent. My log shows that I no
longer need zone 4 so I will not make any effort to to obtain this mult
(obviously unlikely since zone 4 is very common but possible).

John KK9A - W4AAA

Sent from my Smartphone.