[CQ-Contest] Log what is sent

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:00:06 EDT 2016

> "I find this rule stupifying. Why do we bother sending the Zone at all?
> This reinforces what I've long felt about CQWW -- that it's the dumbest
> contest going. ALL you have to copy is the other station's call -- the
> rest of it is auto-filled from call history files and country files! 73,
> Jim K9YC"

 I'm not a lawyer and I do not play one on telly, but the CQ FAQ seems clear
to me:

 Q: "I work a station and they do not know their CQ zone or they give me a
serial number, what should I put in the log?

 "Log the zone based on their location."

 We "bother sending the Zone at all" because people operate "out of their
Zone." Or their mind.

 OTOH -- sending 599 or 59 in every exchange: now, that's dumb.

 K1TN