[CQ-Contest] X-QSO - CQWW LCR's

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 08:33:51 EDT 2017

Hi Bill and group,

Once again, I'm referring to log 'formatting' issues, not rule breaking.

 >>>The issue of X-QSO or X QSO does generate an error for NAQP's that
 >>>gets identified in the confirmation email and only the confirmation
 >>>email. It is the participants responsibility to correct the error and
 >>>resubmit. If the participant does not read the confirmation email or
 >>>does not correct and resubmit the line will be ignored.

I think the way the NAQP system deal with the problem is good. Send the
confirmation email with any error description. If the log is not
corrected, the line is ignored.

 >>>Basically it is the participants responsibility to submit a good log.
 >>>To suggest the log checker or contest manager modify a log so that it
 >>>is properly received opens up a whole new round of ethics.

This is what I meant when we were discussing ways to reduce the time it
takes for final results to be published. I was not taking ethics into
account, only the amount of time that contest managers could spend doing
something that should be the participant's responsibility.

 >>> Now I will
 >>>work with and advise the participant on how to get a good log
 >>>submitted as sometimes the error messages can be challenging to
 >>>understand. But I won't modify the log.

Good procedure. If the participants 'calls back' asking for assistance,
they should be helped. But this also should have a time limit, say, one
week after the help/clarification was provided. After that, the
line/lines are ignored, onto the next log.

 >>>Now the disclaimer, that this may not apply to all contests on how
 >>>they handle the log receiving and preliminary log checking.

Same here, I mean the big ones, CQWW, WPX for example.

 >>>BillAC0W

73 de Vince, VA3VF