[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW this weekend

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon Aug 7 07:26:21 EDT 2017

I'm inclined to agree with Randy, so long as the NAQP rules are written
as they are.

However, the definition of assistance could be expanded to include
tactical information such as competitors' band choices, in which case
reportingof band breakdowns (necessarily including which bands are being
used at any given time) would be defined as "assistance."  I am somewhat
sympathetic to making such a change, because a part of the SO Unassisted
skillset, seems to me, is measures taken to avoid missing band openings.

I missed both 15 and 10-meter openings this past weekend, for example -
had I noticed on the scoreboard that othernearby stations were on these
bands, this would not have happened, particularly given the band-by-band
multiplier scheme in NAQP.To me, that meets the smell test as "assistance".

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.