[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW this weekend

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 7 13:45:26 EDT 2017

Knowing that those bands are open and viable is important information,
and requires operator attention to discover (a spare radio tuned to the
band with a suitable antenna), as well as the attention of the operator
away from the band where he's operating.  WRTC rules considered that
assistance, and set up conditions for the teams that prevented their
access to that information from third parties.  I strongly concur with
that concept.

FWIW -- a year or so ago, a determination was made that use of a code
reader was assistance, because in SO2R operation, an operator could use
a reader (like Skimmer) to show stations that could be easily picked off
by QSYing to the station on Skimmer.  In NAQP CW this weekend, a member
of our club noted that he was put into M/2 by that ruling.

73, Jim K9YC