[CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the Amateur Radio Parity Act

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Wed Aug 16 17:15:41 EDT 2017

I live in a HOA neighborhood. When shopping for a home located in a nice subdivision it's almost impossible to find one that doesn't have one. We moved to where we live because the schools were good.

Our HOA is totally disfunctional and that's the only reason I can have wire antennas. We live on the very northern part of our subdivision and I have 2 acres of woods behind me where I have my antennas. The people behind us aren't in a subdivision. That helps a lot. But I would never consider putting up a tower to draw attention to myself. Hopefully nothing will change for my sake!

Jeff KU8E

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid