[CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the Amateur Radio Parity Act

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Fri Aug 18 11:47:47 EDT 2017

On 8/17/2017 3:41 PM, Ria Jairam wrote:
> In my old country (9Y), if you had a ham tower you were regarded as a
> well respected person since you possessed that capability and engaged
> in such as well regarded scientific hobby.

Maybe that's where the problem lies. The amateur radio community in the
U.S. apparently has not done a good enough job over the years educating
the U.S. public about the value of amateur radio for promoting
international good will, assisting in emergencies, and scientific
experimentation. OTOH, we, at least many folks in this group, sit in
front of our computer screens and argue about contest rules.

Bob...