[CQ-Contest] SO2R bashing

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Sun Dec 3 04:31:19 EST 2017

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I find your description of the SO2R operators to be
somewhat too polished and innocent. And there are other issues than
just keeping a 2nd frequency warm, occupying double spectrum space.

The most irritating situation is when I start running on a clear
frequency, after inquiring multiple times if it is in use, only to be
greeted with by an SO2R operator bluntly starting to CQ after 1-2
minutes on my now established run frequency. It is totally obvious
that this operator has been busy on a run frequency and suddenly
remembers that he must keep the 2nd frequency warm.

As this operator is busy running on the other frequency he/she will
not acknowledge my messages that the 2nd frequency is now busy. So
the constant SO2R 2nd frequency CQ is there in my face as soon as I
switch back to receive.

And as I am marginally disturbing the rate of this SO2R operator who
is busy on the run frequency, it is pretty obvious that he/she is
willing to take the fight for a prolonged period to get the 2nd
frequency back again.

This arrogant behavior is not adding to my fun.

Just sayin'

73
Peter SM2CEW