[CQ-Contest] Wireless Headphone System

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 21 14:59:28 EST 2017

Over the years, I've seen several requests for wireless headphone
systems. The limitation of most consumer systems is latency -- delay
through the wireless link due to digital encoding and decoding from
systems like BluTooth.

Here's a low cost (relative to other pro systems) professional system
from a US company that is popular with musicians. It has no latency,
because it's entirely analog. That's critical for musicians. The vendor,
Full Compass, is a family-run company with which I competed 30+ years
ago when I sold pro audio to broadcasters and other pro users. For the
last 10+ years they have been my source for audio parts and accessories.
>From my days in pro audio, I knew the principals of both Galaxy and Full
Compass, and respect both.

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/150074-Galaxy-Audio-AS-900

While the system is sold with a set of earbuds, it will work equally
well with any decent headset.

73, Jim K9YC