[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 170, Issue 7

Timothy Holmes taholmes160 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:58:18 EST 2017

Hi folks

I based my concerns on a VOACAP Online runn. I ran it with the settings at
100w ssb,  I set the antennas as a dipole at 10m and rural noise level.

My actual setup is 100w icom 706mkiig barefoot into a tribander at 33 feet
for 10m 15m 20m. And a 125 foot dipole at 35 feet for 40 and 80.  I always
try to set up conservative runs when I model.

Tim
W8TAH

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017, 3:14 PM Ria Jairam <rjairam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I often hear europe working the west coast in contests as well.
>
> In Ohio you may not get the same openings as W1 but you'll get some
> openings.
>
> Ria
> N2RJ
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Drew Vonada-Smith <
> drew at whisperingwoods.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > No significant prop to EU, from Ohio?  That kind of blows my mind, what
> > leads you to that conclusion?  There should be a few hours at least on
> 20,
> > 40 should be VFB all evening and night, and 80 should give a few hours as
> > well.
> >

> > There is fair prop to EU even from KS, so OH should be pretty easy?
> >

> > 73,
> > Drew K3PA
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 01:45:31 +0000
> > From: Timothy Holmes <taholmes160 at gmail.com>
> > To: "cq-contest at contesting.com" <CQ-contest at contesting.com>
> > Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW WPX THIS WEEKEND
> >
> > Hi folks. Ive been starting planning for the contest this weekend, and
> the
> > propagation looks a bit ugly... To say the least. I'll admit that I tend
> > use pretty conservative settings to do my predicting, but there dont
> appear
> > to be any periods where there is a significant opening to europe... Blech
> >
> > What are the rest of you seeing and/or thinking?
> >
> > Looking forward to a fun weekend
> >
> > Tim
> > W8TAH
> > --