[CQ-Contest] cq self spot

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 27 14:07:43 EST 2017

On Mon,2/27/2017 5:29 AM, Juan Hidalgo EA8RM wrote:
> I check how ALL other stations from AF are automatically spotted every 10 min and no EA8 stations are spotted.

I operate both assisted and non-assisted, depending on the contest and
my goals. When operating assisted, I use VE7CC's software to filter his
cluster to feed me spots from spotting stations in my region AND from
locations 2,000 miles from me. (I'm in W6, so I look for spots from west
of the Rockies, from MD, KL7, from KH6). I do this because I want to
know who else in my skip zone might me on my frequency on the higher
bands, and who from EU might be on my frequency on the lower bands when
I'm trying to run the east coast.

 From my QTH,EA8, CU, and D4 are among those countries across the
Atlantic that are easiest to workbecause we don't have to go over the
polar region. All are regularly spotted.

73, Jim K9YC