[CQ-Contest] cq self spot

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 28 12:56:29 EST 2017

Juan,

It's also unfair for NA and EU operators to travel to locations where
nearly every QSO counts more points than if they stayed at home. EA8,
CU, and the SA Caribbean islands are examples. And it's unfair that
stations far from the Atlantic basin are at a huge disadvantage in DX
contests.

Both of these conditions are the result of badly outdated contest rules.
Those rules, formulated when scores had to be computed with a pencil and
paper, give the geographical advantages. If we can modernize contesting
with computer logging and computer automation, why can't we modernize
contesting with rules that allow hams all over the world to at least be
in the same contest?

73, Jim K9YC