[CQ-Contest] Ea8's banned from RBN? Hmmm

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Feb 27 17:56:19 EST 2017

N1EN says".Keep in mind EA8's aren't banned from RBN.."

EA8RM says (in part)". The EA8s are banned from the system I don't know why,
but it is very easy to

check.."

>From Mike VE9AA:

Juan,

I am not sure where you got your information from, and I am not an authority
on the RBN by any means, but I find that statement quite odd indeed !

You can check this out yourself and prove that it's just not true my friend.
(I did a search myself of EA8's and see 100 CW and RTTY spots from several
EA8's just this afternoon in the past couple hours alone.

Go to some band that is open. (20m in the daytime, 40m in the evening).

Pick a clear frequency.

Use a good antenna and normal power and call CQ EA8RM TEST 4 or 5 times.
(all at the same speed)

Repeat a couple times on the same frequency just to be sure.

Go to: http://www.reversebeacon.net/srch.php

Type in EA8RM. Hit enter.

I am sure the page will be full from all over EU or NA (or both, depending
on your power, antenna, prop,e tc).

Try it.

GL !

CU in the next contest.