[CQ-Contest] DC in NAQP, WHY?

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:34:29 EST 2017

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's worth noting that there were at
least three stations on from DC last weekend who have submitted scores to
3830. W3DQ, 4U1WB, and NN3RP were all on from DC last weekend, though NN3RP
only made a handful of QSOs.

There was nobody on from XF4 or KP1, but they're still multipliers in the
NAQP.

Chris WF3C

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Jim Brown <k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

> Only one of which managed to get on the air in RTTY RU.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
>

> On Tue,1/10/2017 11:10 AM, Richard F DiDonna NN3W wrote:
>
>> Lets see....
>>
>> W3DQ
>>
>> KE3X
>>
>> NN3RP
>>
>> K3VOA
>>
>> 4U1WB
>>
>> W3HAC
>>
>> To name a few...
>>
>> 73 Rich NN3W
>>

>> On 1/10/2017 1:25 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
>>
>>> I have exactly the same question. Modern cities are a terrible place to
>>> try to do ham radio. I don't know of a single contest station within the
>>> city of San Francisco; AB9H and WO9S operate one of two contests from the
>>> city of Chicago. I lived and operated from a mixed residential/industrial
>>> neighborhood in Chicago, and my station was more modest than that of W3DQ.
>>> DC was a multiplier in RTTY RU, and it appears that W3DQ was the only DC
>>> station on the air.
>>>
>>> 73, Jim K9YC

Chris Plumblee
407.494.5155