[CQ-Contest] DC in NAQP, WHY?

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Jan 10 19:39:42 EST 2017

Jim,

That's an unfair comment and you know it. Not all CW or CW/SSB or SSB
contesters are RTTY contesters too. I would wager w/o ever looking at any
stats, that there are less RTTY contesters than CW or SSB.  Every single
time there is a big RTTY contest I read the 3830 comments ,whether I was in
the contest or not.  Every single time I read things like "ham for 30 yrs;
first time on rtty"..often by well known callsigns.

Of the couple dozen serious contesters in my part of the world only a couple
ever delve into RTTY.  There are of course several 'casual' RTTY folks
around.

I am quite pleased to see that Eric, Ken, etc. finally got their own (well
deserved) multiplier section  in this contest.

Mike VE9AA "NB"

Only one of which managed to get on the air in RTTY RU.

73, Jim K9YC