[CQ-Contest] Borrowing callsigns / location / awards?

Bill Mader billamader at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:52:17 EDT 2017

This is not rocket science!  Like Jim, I do the same thing when I operate
from multiple counties in my home State for the NMQP and in AZ (AZQP) or UT
(7QP) or SS in CO.  I did my LotW upload "manually" for multiple counties
(separate files) and look forward to trying AD1C's utility for this year's
NMQP.

Like abiding by the rules, much of what we do requires attention to detail,
a big deal for me during my USAF career and everywhere else I've worked.
Unfortunately, the "Excellence in All We Do" USAF value doesn't apply to
everyone in every case.  It just takes a little extra work.

I do a lot of presentations on subjects related to contesting and DX'ing for
other clubs and at other hamfests/conventions.  I use the rationale that if
one wants to find the best (excellence) in ham radio, regardless of the
subject, look to contesters and DX'rs.  But it's wise to look to those who
do each of them really well, and even me on occasion.

BTW, I want to publicly thank Icom for our plaque in the 2016 SS-SSB
(K8TE+KS5Z in CO) and for the one that's in the mail for KS5Z/VY2 (+K8TE +
KB7KYK) for 2017.  We appreciate their outstanding support of the contesting
community.  Contest University was another example of that support.

73 and Good Luck in the Contest, Bill, K8TE

Message: 5