[CQ-Contest] CM79 Next Weekend for ARRL VHF

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jun 2 19:59:13 EDT 2017

W6JTI, supported by K6EU and K9YC, plans to activate CM79. Activity will
be CW only, and Frank is a superb CW op, quite well skilled at picking
fly specs out of band noise. This is a very remote location, at the end
of a 2 mile hike with 1,000 ft of elevation gain, no cell coverage. We
could still use some help getting gear up and down the trail.

The current plan is to set up before the contest starts, and leave
Sunday in time to get down the trail with daylight to spare. To minimize
the load, only Frank is planning to sleep there. BTW -- the reason for
CW only is that we'd have to drag a computer and batteries. And SSB is
useless for weak signals.

I plan to hang out at Frank's QTH, which is close enough that we can
talk on 2M FM, and I can coordinate with Ping Jockey and ON4KST. Other
suggestions about where we should coordinate are appreciated.

We will be at the grid corner, so can pass out those QSOs for those who
need them.

Please spread the word.

73, Jim K9YC