[CQ-Contest] Americas Cup Sailing - Watch and Learn

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Sun Jun 11 09:42:23 EDT 2017

OK - so where is our "bright line"?  I've been arguing the need for a
consensus on this for a decade.

I hope nobody will consider me a Luddite - Iwrote arguably the first
computer contest logger with integrated CW (for the TRS-80 Model 100 and
Commodore 64) back in the 1970s, and I'm one of the founders of the RBN.

But... for the sake of discussion, how about:

CW and SSB - all decoding and transcription of transmissions to be done
by use of a human brain.  Yes, I know this "discriminates" against
people who don't know CW, but it's a small price to pay to prevent the
advent of truecontesting robots.

RTTY/Digital - no modes that are capable of receiving below 0 SNR

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.