[CQ-Contest] ARRL 160M LCR Report

Richard King k5na at ecpi.com
Wed Jun 14 10:25:44 EDT 2017

I was looking over my Log Checking Report for the 2016 ARRL 160M Contest. I
came across this line in the callsign check results:

K5GA is incorrect.  Should be K5NA.

I am a bit mystified by this since the report is saying that I didn't work
K5GA, but instead actually worked myself (K5NA).

In all probability, K5GA is a unique. I have known Billy since he was 8
years old and it is likely that he got on and gave me a QSO. A few of the
locals will do that, quite unsolicited.

What is likely here is that we have uncovered a small problem in the log
checking program. You should never be told that you got a call wrong and
that you actually worked yourself.

A single line of additional code can probably keep this from happening
again. But it isn't really a big deal to me.

73, Richard - K5NA