[CQ-Contest] I hate ITU prefills

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Jun 29 16:09:09 EDT 2017

On 29/06/2017 19:00, Tree wrote:
> It's still a depressing feeling for me seeing all of this activity around
> getting the ITU pre-fill database updated every year.  Does this activity
> stop after the contest?  I am sure there is enough momentum of the
> collusion that goes on - that some people think nothing of helping their
> friend out when they are sure if MRASZ was right or not.

Why is Tree complaining about pre-fills in the IARU contest,
and not also about pre-fills in CQWW, ARRL DX - and all other
contests with "known" exchanges?

Our logging software identifies countries, zones and IARU
HQ stations, and can calculate points and mults (even for
individual calls) without the need for a "fill" during the
exchange - all due to the good work of AD1C and others.

Why do we persist in exchanging known, redundant information?

Contest sponsors need not complain about pre-fills when the
exchange is known, with near certainty, in advance.  How
about introducing some unknown element in contest exchanges?

73,
Paul EI5DI