[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 171, Issue 28

Bill Mader billamader at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:14:49 EST 2017

Semantics.  I am happy many "non-contesters" "participate" in contests, even
if they don't "enter."  In some, albeit smaller, contests, "non-entrants"
make up the majority of contacts.  We need to treat them well (politely) so
they'll return and perhaps "enter" the contest, or at least "participate"
next time.

I often "participate" in contests to pick up an entity, band-slot, State, or
county I need, especially on a day or weekend when I have many other
activities occurring.

Regardless, if I'm running stations and intend to submit a log, I'll take
time to explain the exchange and thank the "participant" for the QSO.  More
than once I've used "any station anywhere," especially in a QSO Party CQ,
to entice those non-contesters to provide QSO's.

73, Bill, K8TE

Message: 5