[CQ-Contest] Proposal for keeping UNassisted category

MARK BAILEY kd4d at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 12:45:09 EST 2017

I enjoy single operator categories and do not want to see them eliminated.  In at least many contests, the Assisted/Unlimited classes evolved from MULTI-OPERATOR categories - this is true of many of the ARRL Contests for instance.

We should do what we, as a community, can to deter cheating and detect cheaters, but reducing the game to a single category where there is no cheating because there are no rules (Multi-Operator, High-Power, remote receivers, multi-channel decoders, ...) is not the answer.

73,

Mark, KD4D