[CQ-Contest] Proposal for keeping UNassisted category

Mark pa5mw at home.nl
Sat Mar 11 05:12:00 EST 2017

Please RE-read the subject;  "Proposal for keeping..."   meaning I am
trying to offer an alternative BEFORE the contest organisations decide
to combine SO & SOA.

The angle here is I do not want the "bow to cheaters solution" by
combining catagories.

Or let's join the ridicule and turn this around:
Because YOU cannot win, the rules have to be rewritten categories
deleted/combined???

I enjoy contesting because of the learning, the new experiences. I
hope(together with firends) to perform better every year.
Contesting is not only about rank #1 , #2 and #3.

What I concluded of reading this EVERY_YEAR RE-APPEARING topic:

- There have always been cheaters, will always be cheaters    (no
solution here, they will forever loose my respect)

- No contest organisation can enforce rules by whatever methods a 100%
( this is not the Olympics where everything is 100% contr.......Oh wait...)

- Never seen any initiative to boost-up the local peer review (you all
bloody DO know WHO is power cheating locally (in Europe at least), speak
out!!)

- The rootcause is about public recognition, nothing more (it's
psychology, sure there can be solutions for that)

- This is still a hobby    (every year the same opinionated, big mouth,
lawyering up, verbally abusing content. But hardly any constructive
analysis, no solution+ The Dutch always know it better)

- My proposal was already discussed more than a year ago with one of the
major contest organisation and 100% agreed on the rootcause and propsal,
but for reasons of 'predicted response from the community' not implemented.

- Feeling offended is a personal choice, but NOT my personal intention
to any of you. (I am offering my view and a proposal and can be happy if
you disagree but stay friends)

My full respect and regards go the contest organisers, log-checkers,
sponsers et all.
THANK YOU for your endless efforts to keep making contesting fun for us !!!
The learning curve in technology and operating, sharing fun and
knowledge with HamRadio fiends is what makes this all the best life
entertainment I can think of.

73 Mark, PA5MW