[CQ-Contest] WB6D - Improved KT34XAs

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:50:14 EDT 2017

The KT-36XA upgrade kit is a huge mechanical improvement over the old
KT-34XA. All of the aluminum straps have been replaced with CNC-machined
aluminum brackets. No more intermittancies ! A few of the dimensions
have been slightly changed in the 36XA, compared to the 34XA, but I
doubt that results in a 1.5 dB improvement. Be warned, however - expect
to spend 25 hours doing the upgrade.

73,
Steve, N2IC