[CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 10:25:42 EDT 2017

Of course SO2R is a major advantage.

We’re just arguing over whether SO2R use ought to entitle one to actually use twice the spectrum. In a few rare cases, such as N6MJ or CT1BOH running 400/hr from a much needed multiplier, its use is benign to beneficial. For a USA or common European station to be taking up 2X the spectrum by dual CQing is not. And as I mentioned earlier, the situation is quite different between CW and phone.

The more common use of SO2R, to pick off a few extra multipliers or QSOs, and to monitor another band to make the decision to switch the running station and to find a clear frequency to do so, is not in dispute.

73  -  Jim   K8MR