[CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 14:20:50 EDT 2017

Fully support Frank's view and logic.

Someone claimed that Interleaved CQ is a part of the "evolution" and is
"innovation" of contesting. My opinion is that Interleaved CQ has
absolutely nothing to do with either innovation or evolution.

Instead, this is a "great" way to reduce the chances for small and medium
pistols to find RUN space in SSB contests, and is only favoring huge big
guns. Should smaller stations only be limited to S&P?

The traditional SO2R where one band is used like RUN (CQ) and another band
(or in-band) is used for S&P is of course nowadays an acceptable form of
contesting. This does not decrease the available total bandwidth. as
someone else is already using the other frequency for CQ.

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)