[CQ-Contest] SSB & CW On Same Band

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 21:54:50 EDT 2017

Has anyone successfully run 2 stations on same band, SSB &CW,
without interference between the two? For example, FD or IARU.

We have tried it several times and have always ended up with moderate
to severe interference to the point that one  station had to qsy to
another band.

Obviously (I think) the filters that are in common use like Dune Star, ICE,
NQN, etc. don't work because they are band pass filters. But has
anyone designed/built a filter with sharp enough roll-off to make this work?
Or, would a pair of K-3's , etc. fit the bill?

Would love to hear from people that have made this work for them, and how
they did it.

73

Tom
K0SN