[CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?

Richard F. DiDonna richnn3w at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:59:20 EST 2017

When I was throwing out ideas on improving QSO totals and activity
level, I floated three ideas - all of which involved granting a second
QSO.  I've re-thought the high band v. low band split and now believe
that it may not solve the matter in that a large number of hams cannot
realistically work other hams within their skip zone. For hams in the
northeast and north central (SMC land), that means a significant penalty.

I'd still be inclined to allow for two QSOs on any two bands.  80 and
20, 80 and 40, 20 and 15.  In order to ensure a "democratized"
landscape, I'd want to make sure that hams couldn't simply "move" every
contact to the second band.  I'd require at least a 10 minute gap
between QSOs on different bands.

The other option is to allow a second QSO, but in the second half of the
contest - one in the first 15 hours and one in the second 15 hours.
That may affect off time strategy, but I doubt by a lot.

73 Rich NN3W