[CQ-Contest] SS and CW contesting

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 10 06:16:18 EST 2017

K0HB stated: "That would completely alter the characteristics of the
contest, making it a clone of NAQP."

No argument there.  I thought I would check the activity of the SS contest
vs the NAQP contest.  I used January NAQP CW as the comparison.

In 2007 - NAQP had approx. 500 logs submitted and January 2017 had a little
over 1000.  A doubling of submitted logs in 10 years.  Pretty impressive
growth.

In 2007 - SS CW had 1261 logs submitted and in 2016 had 1302 logs submitted.

SS is still more popular than NAQP CW January but not for much longer given
this data and the frustrations expressed in these posts.

73

Ed  N1UR