[CQ-Contest] Will the next solar cycles be weaker than current Solar Cycle 24?

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Thu Nov 16 11:38:23 EST 2017

What AF5CC wrote:

>> If you remember near the end of Cycle 23, scientists were predicting that
>> Cycle 24 might be the largest one on record.  Shows how good their
>> predictions are.
>>
>> 73 John AF5CC

What the actual article cited by AF5CC said:

“This would make it one of the strongest solar cycles of the past fifty years—which is to say, one of the strongest in recorded history.”

Their prediction (while inaccurate) is a far cry from what you claimed they wrote.

Next time it might be wise to READ the article before you misrepresent what it says.  Furthermore, in the future, before you decide to bash an entire field of highly educated academics and professionals who have devoted many years to their study, it would be appropriate to spend the time necessary to read and understand the literature in the field on the particular topic on which you are commenting, otherwise your opinion on that field is based on ignorance and personal bias.  Citing only ONE example of something out of dozens or hundreds, as the basis upon which you decide to bash the entirety, is both lazy and irresponsible.

Bob  KQ2M