[CQ-Contest] Sharing contest real time scores between servers

Victor Androsov victor.androsov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 23:02:41 EST 2017

November 20 update :

The first test of the new real-time scoring technology “online score
distribution server” went well! We had 11 volunteers from USA, Canada,
Italy, Russia and Scotland over last weekend. All the volunteers’ scores
were successfully forwarded to COSB and cqcontest.net. But I hope that was
just a first try. Thanks a lot to these brave guys! ))

Sure we had some issues. The first one was with WriteLog postings (fixed
quickly by Bruce, WA7BNM) and another one with cqcontest.net  (fixed later
by Dmitry, R4WW). But, few problems for the first test. ))

*We need more volunteers for CQ WW CW testing!*

It’s easy:

1.  Register an account on both servers (*http://cqcontest.net
<http://cqcontest.net/>* and *https://contestonlinescoreboard.com
<https://contestonlinescoreboard.com/>* )

2. Configure your logger with the following real score server
URL:*http://www.b41h.net/scoredistributor.php
<http://www.b41h.net/scoredistributor.php>*

3. Participate at least few hours in the CQ WW CW

You can always use this configuration since you can participate in any
other contest and the distribution server will automatically forward your
scores to all the servers that support that contest, without any further
changes to your logger settings - kind of real score cluster. That’s
actually the target of all of our activities.

On our side we have already started updating our “Logger settings” document
to encourage all the HAM’s to use a distribution server URL as a primary
one.

Good luck in CQ WW CW! And don’t forget to provide your feedback! We very
much appreciate for your help.

73!

Victor
VA2WA