[CQ-Contest] CQWW

John Geiger af5cc2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:18:54 EDT 2017

Some stations, like those in the US, can get the zone multipliers by
working other countries.  I can get zones 3, 4 and 5 by working Canada.  I
don't have to work a station in my country to get them, so if we eliminated
same country QSOs, I would lose 1 mult-the US country multiplier.

However, some other amateurs wouldn't be so fortunate.  If I am in Asiatic
Russia and in Zone 17, and I cannot work other stations in my country,
there is no way for me to get zones 18 and 19 as multipliers.  That rule
then costs me 3 multipliers per band-1 country multiplier and 2 zone
multipliers.

73 John AF5CC