[CQ-Contest] CQWW

Ria Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 11:55:53 EDT 2017

If that is the case then we shouldn't be able to contact US stations
for the country and zone mult.

I find this to be an anomaly for two reasons:

1. You try to contact US stations to get the zone and country mult and
some of them get angry that you're taking away precious op time from
them.

2. You're running a pileup and a bunch of US stations are calling you
trying for the country and zone mult and some out of plain ignorance,
they hear a contest is on and then work everyone they can hear. The
former is no big deal. The latter is a problem because you don't know
if to ignore them.

The same country zone and country mult should either be eliminated OR
credit for stateside QSOs would be welcome. The former will have the
least impact in terms of scores. The latter would bring a shift and
would likely make some stations more competitive (I can see the
central states benefitting more).

The game has and can always evolve. Strategy will have to change too,
nothing wrong with that.

73
Ria, N2RJ